Certificate in Professional Coaching Program – Module 1 (M1C202107*)
Module 1: Professional Coaching I
Designed to create a firm foundation for people beginning their professional coaching journey. This program targets developing skill in essential competencies which are the building blocks of credentialing with the European Mentoring and Coaching Council (EMCC) and/or the ICF. Challenging coaches to develop competency at the Practitioner level.
- A deep understanding of what coaching really is and developing the ability to be grounded in “who you are” as a coach, what is expected from the role of a coach and remain present in a transformational way.
- Initial grounding in models, theory and science to support their coach development.
- Coaches will be able to begin to practice coaching, as coaches in learning, in a professional and ethical manner.
- To ground your coaching practice in internationally accepted best practices. This includes internationally recognised competency frameworks, ethics and professional standards and definitions.
- To become skillful at managing coaching clients, conversations and programs in a way that is focused and relevant to your client’s goals and desired outcomes. The foundational ability to conduct a coaching session and execute a coaching programme.
- To become skillful in co-creating meaningful well formed goals.
- A commitment to competency-based development based on practice-based feedback and reflection.
- An appreciation for the value of and active participation in supervision and mentoring support, engagement in learning and reflective practice.
- From Transcend: Certificate in Professional Coaching
- From International Coach Federation: 67 Approved Coaching Specific Training Hours (ACSTH), which you can use to apply for the ACSTH Paths of ACC or PCC Accreditations
*If you would like to apply for the Accredited Coaching Training Program (ACTP) Path of ACC or PCC Accreditations instead, we recommend completing our full Certificate in Professional Coaching Mastery (which is a combination of “Certificate in Professional Coaching” and “Advanced Certificate in Professional Coaching”).
Certificate in Professional Coaching is designed to create a strong foundation for building coaching skills and a coaching practice. This program is often chosen by internal or organisational coaches and new coaches.
- Coaches graduate with the confidence, capability and competence to coach at the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level as defined by the International Coach Federation (ICF).
- The training is presented at the EMCC Practitioner level and coaches can apply for the Foundations European Individual Award.